4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
2 1/2 Cups 00 Flour or All Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- Place the flour in a mound on a large cutting board or clean surface. Use your fingers or a spoon to create a good-sized well (or hole) in the middle of the flour mound. Add the eggs in the center of the well. Sprinkle the salt and drizzle the olive oil on top of the eggs.
- Use a fork to begin whisking the eggs until they are combined. Then begin to slowly whisk some of the flour with your egg mixture, adding more and more until the egg mixture is nice and thick. (If some eggs accidentally spill out, that’s okay, just use your hands to pull them back in, pasta making is meant to be a little messy and fun.)
3. Use your hands to fold in the rest of the dough until it forms a loose ball. Knead the dough with your hands for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth. If the dough begins to stick to your surface, sprinkle a little flour or if your dough seems to dry, try adding a spoonful of water.
4. Form the dough into a ball with your hands and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the pasta dough and cut into desired shape with a knife. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water and cook until Al Dente, usually between 1-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your pasta. Drain and serve immediately.
by Project Rooted
The Team Behind The Dream