On a hot summer day, nothing sounds better than a cold smoothie. This particular smoothie has a near ice cream-like quality transporting you to summer with its Strawberry Milkshake essence. Not only are you skipping all the added sugar, but this riff is loaded with fiber, omega 3s and potassium to power you through even on the hottest of days.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Cup Soy Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
Begin by setting out frozen strawberries a few minutes early to thaw. Letting some of the water content thaw will help create a super creamy texture.
In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth. You can use any milk of choice. However, the creamiest results have proven to be Coconut and Soy in this testing.
Pro tip: add in your seeds last so they don’t get stuck at the bottom of your blender.
Serve immediately while lounging in your favorite summer spot.
Fun Variations to Try
- Add in 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder for a Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- Instead of only Strawberries, make the 1 Cup of Frozen fruit any Berry of your choice. A personal favorite is to use Blueberries.
- Add 2 Pitted Medjool Dates to the mix for a Carmel Strawberry Smoothie.