- 3 cups raw corn kernels
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- Optional: 1 diced ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeños
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Adjust to taste, if necessary: For more zing, add about 1 teaspoon more vinegar or 1 tablespoon more lime juice. For more flavor overall, add another pinch of salt. For more spice, add more jalapeño.
For best flavor, allow the salsa to marinate for 20 minutes before serving. This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 3 to 4 days.